You can certainly learn a lot about a bird by looking at its feet. Birds have a variety of feet that come in many shapes and sizes. The type of feet a bird has depends greatly on the food it eats and where it lives.
The student will be able to:
- identify feet belonging to raptors and non-raptors
- determine the uses of feet for raptors and non-raptors
- Take time to make sure that your students understand:
- the importance of the shape and size of bird feet
- how birds use their feet for survival
- the differences between feet belonging to raptors and non-raptors