In this lesson, students will try and climb up a slide using various simulated feet.
- Volleyball knee pads
- Wool mittens
- Grip gloves
- Rubber gloves
- Plastic forks (to attach to fingers of gloves)
- Plastic milk jugs
To demonstrate adaptations of specialization of feet for a specific habitat.
- Students remove shoes. They place volleyball kneepads on their hands and knees.
- Place different materials over the kneepads.
- Students attempt to climb up the slide.
- Discuss which materials work best.